Foxhole Therapies provides high quality, compassionate ABA therapy to children of all ages and abilities with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Through individualized teaching, we teach our clients communication skills, social skills, and life skills while simultaneously decreasing maladaptive behaviors. Our clinicians are highly trained in the science of behavior analysis and are committed to providing the best possible therapy using the most up-to-date clinical practices.
Foxhole Core Values
We elevate the abilities of our clients and empower them to conquer any challenge they may face.
We have the highest standards for clinical care, so that our clients can achieve any goal.
We treat our clients with the utmost respect by finding every opportunity to increase their autonomy and gain access to the things that make them happy.
As clinicians highly trained in research and the science of behavior, we take the most effective, research-based teaching techniques and tailor them to the needs of each client.
We believe humility is too often the missing piece of the puzzle. We never assume to know all of the answers, but we are committed to using all of our resources in the field of ABA to find them.
Grapevine Autism Treatment Services
The autism journey does not end at age 10. We believe that everyone deserves a safe place to learn and grow. Because of this, we are dedicated to serving children of all ages and abilities.
Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- ABA therapy is the practice of applying evidence-based techniques based on the science of behavior analysis to make socially significant behavior change.
- While generally used for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder, ABA therapy is also helpful for people with ADHD, ODD, mood disorders, and other mental health diagnoses.
- Through ABA therapy, therapists work with their clients to teach skills such as communication, social interactions, play skills, and cooperation skills as well as decrease maladaptive behaviors.
Natural Environment Teaching (NET)
- NET is a teaching technique during which clients learn through play and interactions with their natural environment. Therapists manipulate the environment in such a way that learning can occur naturally without feeling like work.
Social Skills & Verbal Behavior
- During social skills & verbal behavior teaching, therapists work with their clients to role play and practice real life social interactions and teach socially appropriate responses while utilizing the techniques of ABA to improve language and communication skills.
- During community outings, clients and therapists meet up at different places around the community (grocery stores, restaurants, parks, etc.), and the therapists teach their clients how to interact with others and get their needs met in those environments. Note that all teaching during community outings occurs discretely to maintain the dignity of the client.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- ACT is an empirically supported branch of behavior analysis that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies along with behavior change interventions to teach flexibility and emotional regulation.
Caregiver Training and Connection
- In caregiver training, parents and other caregivers are taught behavior analytic principles that they can use at home to increase generalization of skills.
- During training and generalization sessions, a BCBA will come to your home and help you implement the tools you have learned in the moment during your normal routines.
- We host family events that allow parents, siblings, and clients to connect with others through their shared experiences.
School ARD Meeting Advocacy
- We believe that collaboration is the key to success for our clients; this means active participation from the supervising BCBA during our client’s school ARD meetings to advocate for what is in the best interest of the client and their family. Our BCBAs are well trained in IEP, BIP, and 504 plan requirements and the rights of the child. They will be able to act as an advocate for you throughout the process.
Our mission is to get in the foxhole with our families and be a support system to fight the battles that feel impossible. We believe that everyone we serve deserves our unconditional support regardless of age or ability. We are here to say “yes” when others say “no;” to lead with empathy, while fiercely advocating for those who need it most; and to empower them to thrive by amplifying the qualities that make each of them unique.
Foxhole is locally-owned. We are not a chain run by corporate directors. We treat our clients with kindness and aim to keep compassion at the center of our treatment. Our goal is to prevent maladaptive behavior from occurring by using antecedent strategies and environment manipulations rather than responding in a reactionary manner. We then aim to teach our clients functional replacement behaviors and make those more valuable to engage in than maladaptive behavior.
Our founders all have deep, personal connections to the autism community. Through many years of experience in the world of ABA, they saw how life changing these services can be when done well, but they found that most providers have age limits that don’t allow older children to receive these life changing services. They vowed to create a company where people of all ages can receive high quality services because we know that autism doesn’t just affect young children, it is a lifelong diagnosis that deserves lifelong support.